Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Time Tracking pushed into Data Warehouse - APi??

Level 5
Our teams will be time tracking very heavily in Workfront and it will help our leadership determine when we need to hire. Does anyone have experience with having data pushed from Workfront into a separate location like Power BI? I remember hearing that Workfront has an open API but I am looking to see if anyone has experience with this and if there are any limitations on fields/data we can pull. Thanks! Erica Foisy Integrate
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Erica, I invite you to consider our "https://store.atappstore.com/product/workfront-snapshot/" Workfront Snapshot solution, which is designed to work with a data warehouse, and could either help educate you about the API, or even avoid it (if you prefer). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
Hi @Erica Foisy - we've done lots of work in Power BI using Workfront data. And yes, we're using the API to get the data out from Workfront . Unfortunately there's no out-of-the-box connector for Workfront in Power BI (yet, at least....perhaps one will arrive one day?). The solution to getting the data out of the API is a little complex regarding the fact that Workfront's API gives you 2000 records per query. Power BI needs to loop through and query the API many times so that you can progressively receive each 'page' of data. The setup is done in Power BI's 'Power Query' code, and requires a reasonably technical developer-type person to implement. Once setup, it's pretty resilient and we've got some amazing reporting out of it. Hope that helps... David Cornwell

Level 5
Hi @David Cornwell , Thank you for the response. Hopefully, someday there is a connector to Power BI but to know that other companies are able to push the date into Power BI using the AP, is very helpful. I might have some more questions once we are ready to start this process so I appreciate the response and insights. :) Erica Foisy Integrate

Level 8
Hi Erica, I've recently finished a project using Workfront's API and pulling hours/time data into Power BI. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out to me! Kirsten Heikkinen

Level 5
Amazing!! Thank you Kristen, I really appreciate the offer and I may take you up on it once we get ready to start this. Erica Foisy Integrate