Expand my Community achievements bar.

The new way of submitting tickets is awful

Level 5
When I submit a ticket, it's after I've looked through help, and it is also often an emergency. I don't want to waste my time going through useless screens. We also lost the ability to have our phone number stored in the browser, so now I have to type it in each time. Really terrible user experience, IMHO. Alana Coble WebMD
8 Replies

Level 10
Are you talking about submitting tickets to Workfront? I just always call them now. Because like you, I've already done the basic debugging tricks and will most likely need to do a screen share to show them my issue. It's much less frustrating than type it all out. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
I've tried calling them a couple of times, and I wasn't satisfied with how they were wording my ticket so I went back to writing it myself and including my screen shots in the ticket. New ticket interface is silly and I have to wonder how many tickets that they were answering using the help pages that they thought this was a good direction to go in. -skye

Level 8
Hi Alana, I don't use the form anymore either, I just send an email to customersupport@workfront.com and it automatically creates a case for me. It's much easier, and I can also add any attachments and screenshots that are relevant. Try it, I'm curious if that works for everyone. Adina

Level 10
Hi: If it isn't a big deal, I use the email approach like Adina. If it is important, I call. I don't use the form at all. Thanks, Eric

Level 5
Thanks for all the suggestions! My support person also suggested that they might find a way to streamline the experience for customers like us who have already debugged. Alana Coble WebMD

Level 10
I understand why they have implemented this and it may well be valuable for some newer customers who are asking basic how-to questions, but I agree it would be appropriate for those of us who are more experienced to be able to bypass the documentation suggestions. David Cornwell

Level 8
@Adina Pierce and @Lucas Eric - when you use the email, how do you get people cc'ed on your ticket? Is it as simple as putting them in the cc field? Mohini (Mini) Sinha Excelsior College

Level 10
The new Help Desk form is awful! In my organization users count how many "clicks" it takes to get to their destination and this new form would fail any click test! If I am contacting Workfront Help Desk I have already tested, performed troubleshooting, searched help, etc.... I stopped calling because I didn't like how my tickets were written - I would go through detailed explanations but my the tickets generated left out most information and were not even titled properly. Also, when I call I am usually put on hold & then told that no staff is available to assist, so I have to wait for a call back. I did not know that we could submit our information via email & that they converted to a ticket. I will definitely try that approach. Thank you! Marie Kelly The MetroHealth System