Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Text Mode in Views Simplified

Level 10

Hey EveryOne... in case you weren't aware, I've been posting more frequently to the WFPro blog on various Workfront topics for users of all types. In my latest post "Text Mode in Views Simplified", I share how knowledge of some basic lines of text mode can get you through text mode edits with ease. Enjoy! --Narayan

4 Replies

Level 2

Thank you Narayan! Your video on how to use Shared Columns was also extremely helpful. I've been trying to figure out how to format when i have two custom fields on one line (left and right alignment) and was told it wasn't a capability in Shared Columns. Any chance you've cracked that nut?

Level 10

Hi Sharon, I'm glad the article/video helped. Alignment in shared columns is tricky. The best solution I've found is to wrap the data in <div style="text-align: center"> using shared columns. This gives you control over the alignment, but also the colors and styles of the text. Unfortunately I can't visualize what you're attempting. Perhaps you have a sketch on a napkin that can be uploaded. --Narayan

Level 10

Let's make this easier. If you look at this Text Mode Exercise report, the two far-right columns explain how shared columns and alignment works along with some code.

Level 2

I've tried to adopt what you have in the exercise but I think my report is complicated by having 2 custom fields on the same line, and wanting one to be left aligned and the other right aligned. Attached is the output and code as currently coded.