Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Text Mode Help - Trying to use two filters for a conditional rule on a column in a project.

Level 4
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with text mode work so that I can use two filters to add a conditional rule to a column if it is possible . I want to make the cell red for anything in the project that is a parent task and has nothing entered into it within a column. I am using the number of children greater than 1 to get the parent task and then the cell being null for other part. I am get both to work independently, but am wondering if I use text mode, can I have both of them worth together so just task 38 would have the red background. Below the image are the two text modes for each one. CELL IS NULL: linkedname=direct namekey=Total Postage Cost querysort=DE:Total Postage Cost shortview=false styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=DE:Total Postage Cost styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=DE:Total Postage Cost styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=isnull styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=double styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext= styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=eac6c9 styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext= textmode=false valuefield=Total Postage Cost valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyString PARENT TASK: linkedname=direct namekey=Total Postage Cost querysort=DE:Total Postage Cost shortview=false styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=numberOfChildren styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=numberOfChildren styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=gt styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=int styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=1 styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=eac6c9 styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext= textmode=false valuefield=Total Postage Cost valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyString Kristina Walton Senior Integrated Project Manager Healthgrades
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Kristina, As you've learned, the column rules are applied when the first rule's condition is met. Anything more complex than that likely requires a calculation on a task custom form, which isn't all that challenging to do now that we have the new default task custom form feature. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's this under the "Edit Project" interface: Thanks, Narayan