Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text code for assignment breakdown for actual hours?

Level 4

Hi,

We use the following text code to show the planned hours by role/person (which has been great). How can I modify this to show actual hours by role/person?

displayname=Assignment Breakdown
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(assignments).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," (",{role}.{name},") - ",{workRequired}/60,IF({workRequired}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour"))
valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this:

listdelimiter=<div>
name=actual Wrk Assignment(s)
stretch=0
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," (",{role}.{name},") -",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,IF({actualWorkCompleted}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour"))
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

I believe you need to change workRequired to actualWorkRequired

Community Advisor

I first thought Kellie is right, but here are the reasons why I think this won't work:

1. overarching assumption is you use task report, although this isn't specified in your post

2. planned hours are tied to task and to assignment and cannot be tied to anything else. Meaning, all planned hours on assignment level do sum up to the total planned hours on task level

3. what is true in 2 for planned hours isn't true for actual hours. These can be logged by virtually any user on a given task, and further more hours cannot be logged on assignment level

4. no 3. is in a sense confirmed by API explorer and the fact that actualWorkRequired field is not available on assignment level and that is effectively what you are trying to pull into report.

Finally, the best approximation I was able to get when playing around was by using "actualWorkCompleted". But I'm not sure this yields correct results always, mainly due to no.3

Cheers!

Rafal

Level 4

@KellieGardner , I certainly tried the field swap, but it didn't work for the reasons @Rafal_Bainie  pointed out.

I was able to export Hours data and manipulate it in Sheets to provide what I needed. It was a lengthy process so I hope folks don't want this report often  

Appreciate the help from both of you!

Level 4

Yep! I planned to use a task report to compare Planned by Role vs. Actual by Role.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this:

listdelimiter=<div>
name=actual Wrk Assignment(s)
stretch=0
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," (",{role}.{name},") -",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,IF({actualWorkCompleted}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour"))
valueformat=HTML

Community Advisor

I was trying to remember the syntax of the field without looking and just had it wrong. Once I checked my reports today I saw it was "completed" and not "required"

Very nice @KellieGardner, and duly noted.

However, as @Rafal_Bainie pointed out, there are some gotchas to keep in mind too, as below.

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1718131955568.png