Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Template Reporting

Level 1

One of my workgroups is doing some clean-up of our project templates. Is there a way to create a report or a view on their templates to know the last time a project was created using each template? I've been searching for the best wildcard filter to use and I'm not coming up with what I want. I have a similar report that shows the templates used in the last "X" number of days. But we want to look by template to see the date it was last used. Help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey Kristin - consider turning this problem on its head. Instead of developing a template report, create a project report that focuses on the templates used or applied. Does your organization typically apply more than one template to a project?

If not, then you could create a project report with the entry date column sorted in descending order and grouped by template>>name. You could then isolate the last time each template was used if this is a one-time activity. Same deal with template(s) used where you can add a filter to only show entry date in the past week or so and then create a chart to show how many projects used that template in the last couple of days.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey Kristin - consider turning this problem on its head. Instead of developing a template report, create a project report that focuses on the templates used or applied. Does your organization typically apply more than one template to a project?

If not, then you could create a project report with the entry date column sorted in descending order and grouped by template>>name. You could then isolate the last time each template was used if this is a one-time activity. Same deal with template(s) used where you can add a filter to only show entry date in the past week or so and then create a chart to show how many projects used that template in the last couple of days.