Expand my Community achievements bar.

tasl column in project report

Level 1

Am I able to add a column to to a project report for tasks of the project?  If so, how do I do that?  I can't figure it out.

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Karen,

I'll let others experts comment on how to make that happen, but I'll say that it's always better to start with a task report and pull in project fields.  If you can recreate the report as a task report, I think you'll have less aggravation in the end.

Level 1

Thanks.  I wondered if I would need to change it to a task report.  But I'll wait to see what others say.

Level 9

Hello Karen,

@Leigh_Hastyis completely right, starting from a task report would be the better way.

You are able to add a column with all project tasks into a project report, but there are some limitations:

The text mode should be like this:

valueformat=HTML
textmode=true
type=iterate
listdelimiter=<p>
displayname=Project Tasks Names
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
valuefield=name

Using this, you will only see the task names as plain text and not be able to click on them.

Alternatively, you can use a workaround to get clickable links, but those will only be displayed as urls without having the possibility to show the task name only.

valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - ","https://<instance>.my.workfront.com/task/",{ID})
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Project Tasks Names
textmode=true
type=iterate

Regards

Lars