Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Tasks And The Time-off Calendar

Level 6
All, I have a question about how the time-off calendar works with tasks people are assigned to. If someone has days marked off on the calendar will their assigned tasks adjust accordingly? Someone in my group marked some days off for next week, but the task due dates didn't adjust. Did I miss something? Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation
4 Replies

Level 4
Jared, Did you look at the projected dates for those tasks? I would not expect or want the planned dates to change because that is the plan and I wouldn't want other people changing my plan without me knowing about it. If you compare the planned versus projected you should see a difference and now review the plan for any impacts to the schedule with them being gone. Then you can determine if the task(s) should be reassigned or not. I hope this helps! David
DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 10
Hi Jared - There are two things to look at: How many assignees are on the task What is your setting for Setup -> Project Preferences -> Projects -> Timelines -> "When multiple users are assigned to a task, use the schedule of the..." If only one employee is assigned, it does change the project schedule and push the task's planned completion date. If you have multiple assignees, it will then make the decision based on the setting I mentioned. You can have it look at the Task/Issue Owner or it can look at the project's schedule. We have it look at the project's schedule so the planned date would not get pushed even if one of the assignees is out the whole week. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
It might also be affected by the task constraints - if you have a task set to "must start on" or "fixed dates" then the planed dates won't move automatically. If it's set to ASAP or similar then it will shift. Stephanie Mulrooney Tomorrow People

Level 10
Hi Jared, All those are great places to check and would be the first places I would go to. If you're still having trouble you could also check the Schedule defined in the project or the schedule defined in the person's profile. I had a similar mystery to yours a while back, and it was the schedule selection that was the culprit. I can't remember the exact details, but let me know if you need more info and I can dig further.