Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Task Status

Level 4
Is there a way to write a Report to show what status a Task has been in? What I'm trying to do is show why a Task might be late. Say in the past month it was set to On Hold or Awaiting Feedback (or a custom status) this may be the reason the Task was late. What this might give me is a way to see what is driving Tasks to be late. Thanks in advance.... Aaron Aaron Godwin Gentex
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi - The only thing I can think of is a Note Report where you have the filters Note>> Task ID is not blank and Note >> Audit Text contains Status changed. You could then group by Task Name to see all the various statuses a task changes a task had. Not sure if the list of tasks you are looking at are from a larger list. But if it is just for a single project you might want to: Create the report with those filters Add the report to dashboard Add the dashboard to the A Project tab in a Layout Template That way, a PM could have this report in every project they have access to see what is going on. Hope that is helpful Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Hi Aaron, In any Task view, you can certainly show the Task Status as a column (e.g. New, In Progress, etc.) along with things like Last Note Text, Last Update Date, Percent Complete, Duration, Handoff Date, Planned Start Date, Actual Start Date, Planned Completion Date, Projected Completion Date, Actual Completion Date, etc. to get your bearings. On a more technical note, you could also chase down a Notes report to watch the Task as it moves between various states..."https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=ca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bmca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683#bm0">batteries not included . Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads