Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Report would like a Link to the Issue it was Converted From

Level 4
I am using the My Tasks Report View and would like to add a field that is a link to open the request that was converted to making the task. This would save time preventing the team having to access the task and then clicking on the link in the task to navigate to the Issue. Does anyone have a format in text mode to create the link to the issue in the report view list? Frank Fornataro DHHS
10 Replies

Level 7
Hi Frank, Try this. In your Task Report, add a column, then switch to text mode and add the following text. I tested this out quickly, and it seems to work (provides linkable original request name). descriptionkey=name displayname=Issue/Request Name isInlineEditable=false link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.valuefield=objCode link.valueformat=val linkedname=direct listsort=string(name) namekey=name.abbr querysort=name textmode=true valuefield=name valueformat=HTML width=150 Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Hi Frank, Please see the WFPro text mode example for ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#issues-resolved" Issues Resolved ". While it indicates "project" on the site, I believe this will also work on a task report. Give it a try and let us know how it works out! Thanks, Narayan Narayan Raum - Narayan Raum - Admin @ Truist Financial, WF-Pro.com Creator https://tinyurl.com/WFProPublic #WFPro

Level 4
Narayan, I replied to you directly. I am adding this post for the community to see that your recommendation worked great. We now have a field in our Task List View that is a link to the Request which reduces the clicks for our workers to access the request directly from the list. They no longer have to open the task to select the resolvable request. Much of our communication with our requestors is via the request and not the task. Thanks so much for finding this Gem!!!!!! Frank Fornataro DHHS

Level 10
It's my pleasure, Frank. Keep the questions coming!

Level 10
Hi Kundan, If you're referring to the horizontal scroll as seen, the only suggestion I have is to copy the contents of the web page and then paste into a Word document. From there, you can reduce the font size to get all of the text mode to print out. Personally, I just copy the code out to my favorite text editor and modify from there. The horizontal scroll is due to the fact that the code render in WordPress doesn't wrap the lines, and isn't an option. Of course, had I used Workfront from day one for the text mode library as is beginning to take shape "https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=cJC39KazDMyl5tJVSWFgiyVNJctelp14yRATPbVzoMoKFXEYuICk2BnLtAKI0nYbLFABYDMZIB5C3yHVZojbm8VPRSqmMsK-&endcap" here , we wouldn't have this problem.

Level 10
Thanks Narayan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 10
Thanks a lot Narayan. It works in project based report. The similar can we also pull the name of Issue, also. Have a nice day! Mvh Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)