Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Report not finding all tasks with Task Name Contains filter

Level 2
I'm creating a Task Report. In the simplest form I want all projects with a task with name containing the words "Project Meetings" and the task assigned to the current user. This will give me all of the projects this user is involved with. My Task Report filter is (see attached image as well) Task>>Name Contains Project Meetings Task>>Assigned to ID Equal $$USER.ID The report works but it only brings up some projects where this is true and not all projects. I've looked at the projects that are and are not found and they seem to be identical in setup. It doesn't matter if one or multiple people are assigned to this task. Is this a bug? I can't see the commonality for the ones that are found and the ones that are not. Or is there a better way of doing this?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dana, The Task Assigned To ID that you're checking is where the primary Assignee's ID is stored, so I suspect the only Tasks that are coming back are those that meet that condition. I suggest you drop that part of the Filter and instead replace look for the Task's Assignment object's ID in $$USER.ID. That way, it will look for the current user among all Assignees, even when they are not the primary Assignee. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Thank you, Doug. I suspected it had something to do with who set up the project which would lead to the primary Assignee's ID. When I changed the sort to Task>>Name Contains Project Meetings Task>>Project User IDs Equal $$USER.ID I'm getting all the hits I was looking for. I much appreciate your quick response.

Level 10
My pleasure, Dana; I'm glad it helped. For completeness, I should point out that Workfront adds a User to the Project Users collection whenever they are assigned (eg as Owner, Sponsor, or to a Task). You're then leveraging that side effect to pull in Projects that the logged in user is on, and then displaying all tasks that contain the naming convention you seek. However, without explicitly checking the Assignments object that I mentioned, please note that just because you can see the Task, it does not necessarily mean that the logged in person is assigned to the task. Regards, Doug