Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with Valueexpression with IF Statement

Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm hoping someone can help with the following text mode that I'm just not able to get to work.  I'm creating a border for a shared column and only want this to show for the status of New Pending Approval.  My guess is that the quotes within the statement are the issue. 

valueexpression=IF({status}="NEW:A","<div style="padding:4px 6px 4px 6px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius:4px 4px 4px 4px; border-left: 2px solid #0875e1; border-right: 2px solid #0875e1; border-bottom: 2px solid #0875e1; border-top: 2px solid #0875e1;font-size:10pt;">","")

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you can use CSS directly in valueexpressions. Mostly I suggest you stick with the calculations shown on the kba: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/calculated-custom-data/...

Can you put this formatting into a separate column and sharecol it into the front of your your valueexpression instead?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you can use CSS directly in valueexpressions. Mostly I suggest you stick with the calculations shown on the kba: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/calculated-custom-data/...

Can you put this formatting into a separate column and sharecol it into the front of your your valueexpression instead?

Community Advisor

Hi @Alex_Di,

I suspect @skyehansen is correct, but also noticed that the current examples uses the " symbol both around and within the div definition, so suggest you also try this (" around, ' within) version;

valueexpression=IF({status}="NEW:A","<div style='padding:4px 6px 4px 6px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius:4px 4px 4px 4px; border-left: 2px solid #0875e1; border-right: 2px solid #0875e1; border-bottom: 2px solid #0875e1; border-top: 2px solid #0875e1;font-size:10pt;'>","")

Regards,

Doug

@Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore @skyehansen I had a feeling that was going to be the answer, but I was hoping I was wrong and just not able to find the correct format.  

Thank you both for taking a look and spending some time on this, it's much appreciated 

Alex