Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task report column - pulling info from predecessor

Level 2

I have a custom form within a task for users to fill out a deploy date and time for emails. I am looking for a way to show this value on a task report for the next task which is to deploy the email. I would like to show this value in the column of the report, but there is no option. However, there is an option to filter to this date on the report. Filter - Predecessor - deploy date and time.

I cant figure out the text mode for the column. I don't understand how I have the option to filter this value, but not simply show it on the column.

This is what I have so far that comes up blank:

displayname=Deploy Date
linkedname=predecessorsMM
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=predecessorsMM
namekeyargkey.1=Deployment Date and Time
querysort=DE:predecessorsMM:Deployment Date and Time
textmode=true
valuefield=predecessorsMM:Deployment Date and Time
valueformat=customDateAsLongDateString

I tried removing the "MM" adding an S on the end, nothing.

There is a column option to pull this data from the parent or project level, but the data doesn't end up on either.

TLDR: Users enter date and time on a task form and I want to display this on a report for the next task.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

This one displays predecessor task number, name, primary assignee, and your custom field

displayname=Predecessor(s)
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(task.predecessors).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT("(Task#: ",{predecessor}.{taskNumber},") - ",{predecessor}.{name}," - ",{predecessor}.{assignedTo}.{name}," - ",{predecessor}.{DE:Deployment Date and Time})
valueformat=HTML

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 2

@steveb25 

If the displayed task has multiple predecessors you may need to add an IF clause so you only display what Randy wrote if that custom field exists on the predecessor

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({predecessor}.{DE:Deployment Date and Time}), "", .....