Expand my Community achievements bar.

Systems Update Report?

Level 10
Anyone know how to create a Systems Update report (see attached image)? This would be a valuable feature to track changes. Thank you. Susan
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I can't make out what the picture is pointing to. Let me take a guess though... I think you are asking about reporting from the Note object. There are two attributes of interest within that object & #8211 ; Note Text and Audit Text. Note Text & #8211 ; These are notes people type into Updates Audit Text & #8211 ; These are automated notes entered into notes The Audit Type attribute is a good way to select just what you want from the many rows you'll find. It tells you if the Audit Text is a "Status Change", a "Note", or an "Attachment Action". If Audit Type is Note, then the Note field should have something in it. Any other value in Audit Type & #8211 ; Audit Text will have a value. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking WorkFront doesn't deliver all of the rows for a given project & #8211 ; only the last 200 or so. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of Note records WorkFront delivers through reporting? The attribute Note ObjCode tells you what object the note is associated with & #8211 ; TASK means the note is associated with a task (look at Task ID). OPTASK means it is associated with an issue (look at Issue ID) Blank means it is associated with the project. I also recall there is a particular situation where both the Note Text and Audit Text attributes will have a value for a single row. I recall that tripping me up on a report I built once. Does that help at all? Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Hi, Eric. System updates shown in the image (from a Workfront Tutorial) shows the typical... "John Doe changed the due to date to 9/15/18..." "John Doe proposed a new date of...." Thanks, Susan Susan

Level 10
Hi, Eric. Thank you for trying. It didn't give results I was looking for. Thanks, Susan Susan

Level 10
Let's try again! Tell me more about what you want, please. Eric

Level 10

Hi, Eric. See attached. Susan0690z000007ZiQtAAK.jpg

Level 10
Hi: I believe the change of dates is in the Notes object. Give me a little bit to write that report... Hold on! Eric

Level 10
Hi, Eric. Goodness, no need to work on it. I was just asking. Much thanks. Susan