Expand my Community achievements bar.

Status Changes on Project

Level 10
I would like to create a report that provides the dates or elapsed days between status changes on a project. For example, days between Current to Pending Approval, Pending Approval to Pending Implementation, Pending Implementation to Closed. We would like to identify where significant delays occur within projects occurred. Suggestions?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

71 Replies

Level 6
I've played around with the report using your suggestion and it doesn't work. It seems that my original filters are based on a task moving through one of our milestone (stage gate) tasks. It's not actually pulling anything based on the Project Status being changed. That works for us anyway because based on a project going through a stage gate, they Project Owner should be changing the status of the project - would be nice if that happened automatically!

Level 7
Laura, for my clarification, can you tell me what didn't work? From the Word doc you sent, based on the filters and what you said earlier, you get changes in status for projects, tasks, and issues. If you added a filter that said "where Note OjbCode is blank", you would just get Project status changes. Are you saying you added this filter and it still gave you Task and Issue changes? Also, can you give clarification on what you mean when you say "a task moving through one of our milestone (stage gate) tasks". Are you saying the task is part of Milestone path?

Level 2

After a lot of trial and error, I was able to create a Project Report that shows me projects that status changed in the prior two weeks (only start or finish). At this point it appears to be accurate. This is as close as I can get. Ideally I would like to have all status changes but to date I have not been able to get anyone elses code here to work. Here is my code.

OR:1:actualCompletionDate=$$TODAY-2w

OR:1:actualCompletionDate_Mod=gte

OR:1:portfolioID=INSERT YOUR ID HERE

OR:1:portfolioID_Mod=in

OR:1:status=previousStatus

OR:1:status_Mod=notin

actualStartDate=$$TODAY-2w

actualStartDate_Mod=gte

portfolioID=INSERT YOUR ID HERE

portfolioID_Mod=in

status=previousStatus

status_Mod=notin

Level 6

Hi Cory,

I only get an error when adding this code, I added it under the ‚ÄòFilters’ which I’m assuming is where you have it? Sorry, I’m not that advanced in coding yet.

Let's try that again.

· Invalid Parameter: Search Parameter value "actualStartDate" (RequestID: 57e8cfea00ea1bee87b3b74ef5a1461a)

Level 6
Hi Greg I tested the report by changing the status of an existing project and the report didn't pick it up with the note objcode set to is blank. I changed the dates to include today but no luck. Curiously, this morning the report shows the project status changes from the original 'Idea' entered through the request queue which we do leave attached to the project created from it. Thanks :)

Level 7
Laura, The reason you're probably getting that error is because you're putting these filters in for a NOTE report (which we've been using). (The same thing happened to me :-)). Cory is doing this from a "Project" report, so start with a Project report and then add the TEXT for a filter. (This is in response to your question to Cory.)

Level 6
Hi Greg So I tried creating a 'project' report, added the filter text no problem but I cannot add the columns I need to make any sense of the report. What am I missing?

Level 7
You may not be able to with a "Project" report. What columns are you trying to add?

Level 6
Hi Greg I'm trying to do what you suggested so Cory's filter code works. I'd need to use that code and reproduce my original report columns which I don't believe I can do so I'll stay with my original report I think. Thanks :)

Level 10
Eric, Can I get the report that shows that project changing from one status to another status? I am really trying to capture the date that it changed and what it changed to on that date. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Level 10

Hi:

I’m not sure which Eric you mean, but my name is Eric so I’ll venture some thoughts:

The only way (I know) to know when projects change status is to write a report that searches the Update Log for keywords.

a. Create a Note report;

b. Pick attributes Project Name, Audit Text, Audit Type, Entry Date (sort by this, descending);

c. Filter on the desired project name and where Note>>Audit Type equal Status Change and Combined Entry and where the Note>>Note Objcode is blank;

d. That gives me a report of when the status changed and what date/time it changed.

If you run this for multiple projects, you might want to group the report by project name.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2BD1B.92F322A0]

Community Advisor
Hi Benetta. In addition to Eric's note-scouring solution, there is also a Previous Status field that you might want to consider. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Doug, Ok. I'll give that a look as well, I'm trying all solutions provided. Thank you.

Level 10
Eric Lucas, I can not get any data to show. I've tested using project name equals, project name contains, etc ... Nothing shows up on my report. Here is a picture of the filters. What am I missing? Thanks.

Level 10
Adam, The attached file shows the field in the Projects Updates feed that I'm wanting to grab. Any ideas? Thank you.

Level 10
More details, In the issue update feed, i can see when the status was changed on the issue 'and' when the status was changed on the project. In the project update feed, I can see when the status was changed on the project. In my report, it is only pulling the status change from the issue and NOT the status changed on the project - which is what I desire. I have attached my filters also. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Level 10

In a Notes report, set a filter for Note>Audit Type EQUAL Status Change

In the columns, include “Note>Audit Text”

Level 10
Narayan, Made those changes - I get no data - nothing is reported back. This is so frustrating.

Level 10

When I include the “Note ObjCode IS BLANK”, I too get no results. Try removing that line.

Level 10
Still no results returned.....

Level 10

Sorry to be Obvious-Man. Do you have permission to view the Note / Audit logs on the projects?

I’m scratching my head too‚Ķ

I created a test project, changed the status four or five times, and ran the report. All the status changes appeared in the report.

To troubleshoot, I would remove one element of the filter at a time until you started seeing data. Then, you know which filter was keeping you from seeing anything. You can refine the filter from there to select the records you need.

Sorry I can’t help more.

Eric