Expand my Community achievements bar.

status change automatically

Level 4

What is causing: when you request someone to work on a request, the status is automatically changing? Where is that pulled from?

I don't want the status to change by automation, but rather manually

TIA

4 Replies

Level 2

Hello! It might be worth checking the users setups to make sure you do not have the following toggled on -- "Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab"

Level 4

Hi Denise,

This is the only project it happens to. There's 10+ projects and it's only impacting this one where I've tested it on all.

Thanks for your reply

Community Advisor

In the highlighted part of your screenshot - it looks like it was assigned to a user and then changed to in progress. This could be because the user may have clicked ‘Work on it’ when they received the assignment, which automatically changes the status to in progress. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Hi Madalyn,

I've done some test requests in this project, and it still happens without it being assigned to a user.

It's only when:

- The status is set to 'incomplete brief' and

- a comment is made on the updates.

It then automatically changes the status to 'in progress' It doesn't happen with any other status as I've tested them all. 

I've checked the projects status' and settings and nothing is showing to where this could be occurring from.