Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Solved: Show User Initials if Photo Unavailable

Level 10

Hi folks,

Further to my "I'm intrigued" conversation about User Photos with @John O'Sullivan‚ last week, I have (moments ago) noodled out a way to show a user's Initials if they have not yet set their photo, as shown below. Although I've not yet packaged it up, if you'd be interested in obtaining this solution for your instance, please let me know either here or via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

0694X00000Bzsr9QAB.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks Heather,

If you (or anyone reading this) would like to default the Initials for users who have not yet uploaded their photo to make your environment more engaging, as per the screenshot below (in typically 15 minutes or less), I invite you to:

• Deploy our User Initials solution into your environment
  • Navigate to all Users
  • Set the view to Users Initials
  • Bulk update all of them to User Initials Activated = Yes, then note that our User Image Small, User Image Medium, and User Image Large textmode columns display either the User's photo (if present) or an image of the User Initials, and
  • Reuse them in your own views and reports

0694X00000C01z7QAB.png

🎅 Merry Christmas, everyone!

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure if anyone remembers who posted it, but there was a folder I downloaded (seems like eons ago) that has images for most any imaginable initials combination as well as different color backgrounds.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks Heather,

If you (or anyone reading this) would like to default the Initials for users who have not yet uploaded their photo to make your environment more engaging, as per the screenshot below (in typically 15 minutes or less), I invite you to:

• Deploy our User Initials solution into your environment
  • Navigate to all Users
  • Set the view to Users Initials
  • Bulk update all of them to User Initials Activated = Yes, then note that our User Image Small, User Image Medium, and User Image Large textmode columns display either the User's photo (if present) or an image of the User Initials, and
  • Reuse them in your own views and reports

0694X00000C01z7QAB.png

🎅 Merry Christmas, everyone!

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

I like the idea of uploading the default picture from the users company nametag (if your company has them). They are almost always unflattering and will prompt the user to upload a better pic!