Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Archiving all projects in a Workfront install

Former Community Member

Does anyone have any experience archiving all their Workfront projects? We're making some changes with our current set-up and need to archive all projects within our Workfront implementation that aren't Current. What's the best way to go about doing this? Easiest? We'd want to be able to re-import them at a later date.

TIA!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8

Greg,

We have a portfolio titled archives. Only a couple of people have access to it and for the most part it's ignored, but comes in handy when a project needs to be reaccessed. I have a report that displays all the projects marked complete and access it once a month to move them all into the 'Archives' at once. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it's how we keep things clean.

Level 10

Hi @Greg Turner‚

May it could be an idea, to create a custom status such as "Archive" for a certain Group, we did a similiar approach for us but for different scenario. It works very well for us and you can pick all of such list of projects anytime via report also. For example project report.

Mvh

Kundan.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the input, everyone, but I should make a clarification: we need to export all completed projects to some kind of external storage. Like, a network drive, an MS SharePoint implementation or similar. Any ideas given this new wrinkle?

Level 10

Hi Greg,

In that "export completed projects to external storage" case, I invite you to consider our Workfront Snapshot and Workfront Snapshot Viewer solutions.

Regards,

Doug