Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Solicit supplementary information using a custom form

Level 2

I have an idea submission queue which is designed to capture intended audience data and high level scoping information in order to review and approve a project for production. 

Once approved, I would like to have the requester complete a second, supplementary form, after the project is approved and moving forward, to capture specific details such as content direction, personas etc that will guide the producers. Ideally I would like it to appear like a request form rather than have them go into the issue, project or task details to 'find' the form, but I would like it to be attached to the issue or resolving project that was previously submitted.

Alternatively, is there a way to connect a new issue request to a previous issue submitted through the same queue? 

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rob, yes, the rest of the form in our instance is supposed to be filled in by a different person than the initial part of the form that was part of request > project conversion. How we typically let the 2nd person know it's ready is by simply tagging them in the new project. PM converts request into project with some of the info filled in, then tags the requester with a boilerplate message of 'here's your project, please fill in necessary info in project details > XYZ custom form, etc.'

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Rob,

This isn't the exact solution you're looking for but may give you an idea. We have a similar situation where the requester has a specific set of questions in the request queue form, and only after that is converted to a project, we want all those fields/answers to carry over but also ADD questions that are filled in by the PM creating the project or the requester fills in after project created.
We do this by:
- Having the request/issue custom form with ABC fields

- Have a project custom form with ABCDEF fields that is attached to your project templates so anytime a request is converted, it'll have the form attached and bc it includes ABC fields already, those answers already are filled in your project custom form, then just need to fill in the rest when converting (or someone converts and tags requester in the new project to fill in rest of info). 

Level 2

Madalyn - 

Thank you! This is very helpful, and I see how that works for us. In your example, does the same team / individual fill out both forms?

My wish is for us to provide the second form in a user friendly way just like the request queue. Eg "Your project is approved. Please provide details of your bill of materials (or whatever) by clicking this link and filling out the form". 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Rob, yes, the rest of the form in our instance is supposed to be filled in by a different person than the initial part of the form that was part of request > project conversion. How we typically let the 2nd person know it's ready is by simply tagging them in the new project. PM converts request into project with some of the info filled in, then tags the requester with a boilerplate message of 'here's your project, please fill in necessary info in project details > XYZ custom form, etc.'

Level 2

Thank you Madalyn - that makes sense. I think that's something we can train requesters to do.