Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Home total hours

Level 2

Hi all - while on the homepage --> calendar view, how do hours populate into the total hours field in the top right side of the screen? I've added planned hours and logged hours to the tasks assigned this week, however I am still seeing 0.00/40.forworkfront.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

In order to rely on this information you need to do couple things:

1. add your outlook account to WF
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/home/use-home-area/configure-home-cal...

2. place your tasks manually on to your schedule

As a result hours will be calculated with a split as per below screenshot: 
grey - sum of hours for outlook meetings/ appointments

blue - sum of hours for tasks you placed on the schedule.

Planned hours, logged hours are not used here. Which is a shame, especially when you think about planned hours. There are number of ideas in the community about updating that integration, but I don't think WF is does care much about until they deploy redesigned Home Area (later this year)

Rafal_Bainie_0-1674219992810.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

In order to rely on this information you need to do couple things:

1. add your outlook account to WF
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/home/use-home-area/configure-home-cal...

2. place your tasks manually on to your schedule

As a result hours will be calculated with a split as per below screenshot: 
grey - sum of hours for outlook meetings/ appointments

blue - sum of hours for tasks you placed on the schedule.

Planned hours, logged hours are not used here. Which is a shame, especially when you think about planned hours. There are number of ideas in the community about updating that integration, but I don't think WF is does care much about until they deploy redesigned Home Area (later this year)

Rafal_Bainie_0-1674219992810.png