Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

SKU(Products) management withing a project (NEED HELP!!!)

Level 2
Okay, within my projects, I need to manage SKUs that are impacted by the launch project. I thought perhaps that creating a form, i could easily input this, but it seems like I'd need to add hundreds of custom fields in order to do it this way... (attached image shows the current form, for 1 SKU). I need to keep track of upwards of 150 SKUs per project... Is there a better way to get this type of documentation into the system that you can come up with?? (image 2 shows the proliferation of this idea, there MUST be a better way!) Essentially, I need a table as the output (like excel) to show what impact the project had on the SKUs involved. Perhaps using excel and just attaching a document is a better way to go here?
2 Replies

Level 10
we had a similar issue with partner information (many partners per project). We ended up creating a custom form for an issue, and making each partner an issue. Then if I remember correctly, I ran an issue report and attached it as a tab at the project level so it would just report on issues for that project. I think I can walk you through it if you want to set up a web conference. PS: obviously I'm assuming that your SKUs are unique and not repeated from project to project ^_^

Level 10
Hi Vittorio, SKUs are an interesting challenge. Last year we modeled them as Expenses for one of our service organization clients, and used Expense Types to create a Price Book within Workfront, and using some conventions, accounted for different pricing across different regions. By adding the Expenses behind a single Task called "Order Form" in the Templates, users could then switch to the Expense Tab, choose from a set of specific Filters (e.g. "Standard Order", "Special Order 1", etc.) to reduce the Expenses to a smaller set of related SKUs, then type in their Quoted Amounts. The Expense Types drove the standard pricing, but these could also be overwritten or discounted on a percent or dollar basis, using Custom Data that we added to the Expense Custom Form. When actuals amounts to fulfill the order came in, users captured those as separate amounts (same view), and reconciled any quoted-vs-actual differences as need be, including (where necessary) making financial concessions. Since it is a service organization, we also insert a template of the people performing the work (crews) along with products, and use our Draggable Calendar to schedule the work. Finally, with all this juicy data in hand, we layered a number of very interesting SKU usage dashboards (using standard Workfront reports), which we're trending towards leveraging into an inventory system, right within Workfront. Hmm. That turned into a rather longer paragraph than I'd expected: lots of concepts. If you're interested in any of them in particular, please drop me a line at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com. Regards, Doug