Expand my Community achievements bar.

SHARECOL Text Mode question

Level 10

I've been studying a few text mode code samples that feature the SHARECOL=true command. I'm stymied now.

I can't figure out why sometimes an attribute stays in the same column and sometimes it gets its own column. I haven't misspelled the command. If I move elements of the report around (and renumber the columns), there is no discerable pattern to when WorkFront will keep the attributes in the same column and when it mystifyingly creates a new column.

I've been through the help site and training materials and haven't found an answer.

Please consider the attached sample and screen shot

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 2
Eric, Looking at your code and screen shot, I am not sure what what columns you are trying to combine. Are you trying to get them all in one column? Are you placing the blank columns in between the colums you are trying to combine? If the code is correct, they should all reside in one column. Cory

Level 10

Hi:

I’m trying to get all of those attributes in a single column. The format I’m using is:

· Even number column - Attribute label

· Odd number column - Attribute value

It should produce something like:

Attribute label: Attribute value

(for example) Project Manager: Eric Lucas

Each element (attribute label or value) has sharecol=true, so I thought they would always appear in the same column.

Sometimes the attributes label/value appears in the same column, sometimes it puts the label/value into a different column.

I haven’t been able to figure out why it breaks the subsequent label/attributes into separate columns. For a given set of code, it always breaks at the same (unpredictable place). If I move attributes up or down in order, it breaks in a different place.

Thanks!

Eric

Level 3
some of your columns (6,8,12,14) have no width= value - have you tried changing that yet?

Level 10

Oooh, no, I'll try it right now. Thanks for the tip! Eric

Level 2
That wouldnt be it. The columns that disappear should not have a width.

Level 10
I set the width to 1, no joy. Set the width to 30, no joy. Darn!

Level 1
In an example I have, most everything matches, however, all of your code for "column.2.link...." are not in my report at all. I am also pulling the project manager/owner into my report so hopefully this is a good comparison. Also, my column.2.stretch value is 0 where yours is not. My report is returning a number of fields back vertically all into one column as well. Hope this helps!

Level 10
Hi - <> thanks for the tips. Your post is spot on. I've discovered that certain text mode commands are not compatible with sharecol=true. I'm making a list of them and will post them as soon as I'm confident I've got it right. I've also figured out a sequence of events that results in it working every time. I'm documenting that too. Wooo, progress.

Level 4
Hi'ya - Is the Issue Status field one of the fields that you have identified as not working in sharecol=true mode? Thanks!

Level 4
Hey Eric, Are you still having the issue or was it solved? Scott

Level 10
Scott - Thanks for checking in on me - Yes, I got it figured out well enough to start using SHARECOL in some reports. I have a junior-level skill set now, I'm toddling as it were, but I can get to where I need to go. Thanks again! Eric