Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simultaneous, but independent approvals

Level 1
Hi all - our creative process requires approval from three people before sending a proof to clients - Creative Director, Account Manager and Proofreader. If any one of them has edits, the piece goes back to our creative team for revision. However, once each person has approved the work, they don't need to see it again. Meaning, we'd like three approvals that can happen independently, but simultaneously. I'm struggling to replicate this in Workfront - have tried combinations of approval routing processes, stages, paths, and rejection issues. But can't get past that when one person rejects a task, it resets for everyone. Would appreciate hearing thoughts/experience with anything similar. Thanks! Michael Ukstins Fresenius Medical Care
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1
Hi Michael, Do you associate the routings with tasks? We don't have our proofs connected to actual tasks so I am able to have multiple people review simultaneously and one person's approval or rejection does not affect others. Maybe you could try that? Good luck! tay Tay Olson Creative Project Manager Seventh Generation

Level 1
Thanks Tay for your reply! We do associate our internal routings with tasks so that when rejected, the task gets reset to "new" and appears back on the creative team member's dashboard. We use the proofing tool with external clients, however, and those reviews are not associated with task approvals. So I might explore a bit there, see what can be done to use the proofing tool for our internal process. Question for you, if there are edits to be made (as a result of proofing review), how does that get communicated to the person responsible? Meaning, I love our creative team but sometimes if there isn't a task in their queue, things get overlooked. Michael Ukstins Fresenius Medical Care