Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Showing Time Only for Start/Completion Dates

Level 3
Does anyone know if it's possible to only display the time and not the date for start/completion dates? I'm working on an issue report and would like to show both fields, but due to the nature of the issues (video shoots) the duration of the issue is only a couple of hours ... so it feels duplicative to show the date in both fields. Example: Issue Name Planned Start Date Planned Completion Date Cancer video shoots 6/14/16 10:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m. Or even better, if it's possible to isolate the time from the field, it'd be great to show it as "6/14/16 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m." using a calculated expression. I thought about creating a custom field to capture the information in the preferred format, but then I can't put the issues on a calendar for the users. Thoughts anyone?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Becka, In a View, on a Date column, you can click the Advanced Settings and choose from a variety of date time formats. Then, by flipping to text mode, you can learn the Workfront constants that control each format. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Doug: I've tried checking things out in text mode, but I can't seem to find a way to only display the time. The only documentation I've seen re: date formats lists the following options: MM/DD/YY = atDate MM/DD/YY Time = longAtDate Mth, Day, YR = mediumAtDate DW, Mth, Day, YR = partialAtDate DW, Mth, Day, YR Time = fullAtDate From what I see, there's not an option to split out the time from the date. Is there something I'm missing?

Level 10
Hi Becca, No, you didn't miss anything; but that's the second time I've fooled myself into thinking such a format exists, natively. Shame on me, as the saying goes. That said, I do keep fastidious notes, and (huzzah!) solved this one the first time, back in November last year. Here is what I did; Add a category to those special tasks (e.g. Schedule Equipment, Schedule Room, etc.) with a calculated TEXT field called Time Slot Start with a formula of CONCAT(HOUR(Planned Start Date),":",RIGHT(CONCAT('0',MINUTE(Planned Start Date)),2)) and another calculated field called Time Slot End with a formula of CONCAT(HOUR(Planned Completion Date),":",RIGHT(CONCAT('0',MINUTE(Planned Completion Date)),2)). Noting that these will show in military time (for both brevity and clarity), you can now simply add the TIme Slot Start and/or Time Slot End to any Task view you wish. As for the calendar, I'd also suggest you edit the Task format (down near the Save button) and "Set each of the Tasks labels to be the..." to "Custom", and in the custom formatting box (to its right) enter "{DE:Time Slot Start} | {Time Slot End}", then save. That way, each event on the calendar will simply show something like "14:00 | 15:30", and users can hover for more details, and then click the links in those details to get to the tasks and make edits. Will this solve your current requirements? Regards, Doug