Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shared Dashboard showing inconsistent data

Level 2
Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue where a shared dashboard that is showing different data to the users who have access to it (i.e. the number of complete and planning projects are different). I don't think it's due to the user permission levels since user 1, 2, and 3 share the same level permissions (image below). Does anyone know why this might be happening and how best to resolve it? "https://s3.amazonaws.com/higherlogicdownload/WORKFRONT/UploadedImages/sKJ2cGFvTGaWoJrwrCqg_2018-12-04_17-04-21.png" target="ThumbnailFullImage" title="Image link"> Angela Kwok PwC (27652)
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Angela, I know you said the users have the same permissions but it's most likely that the project sharing settings are the cause. They must be different somehow. What I would do is go to the details tab of the reports and work out an example of a project that they can't see then compare the project sharing settings with one of the projects they can all see. Assuming the project sharing settings are the issue, the cause of the issue is either that different project templates are being used, or someone is manually adjusting the project sharing settings after project creation. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 3
If these users do not have all the relevant projects shared with them, they will not appear in their dashboard view. You can either go through all the projects and ensure they are shared with each user, or run the report with the access rights of a group or system admin. Keep in mind, if you take the later route, the "missing" projects will appear in their dashboard, but they still won't be able to access them. Matthew Hynes Prudential Financial

Level 6
I had the same issue, the fix from Riley @ Workfront was to do the following : The way around this is to run those reports with access rights of another user who has the correct permissions for all the various projects. For each report in your dashboard you'll need to edit the report, click on "Report Settings" then enter the user that has rights to all of the projects. For my dashboards since I have rights to all the projects I used my name. This only allow the users to see the reports in the dashboard, their access to the projects still depends on their individual access rights to the specific projects. Also, here's the link to the support article you can reference if you have any further questions: "https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__support.workfront.com_hc_en-2Dus_articles_216598698-2DRunning-2Dand-2DDelivering-2Da-2DReport-2Dwith-2Dthe-2DAccess-2DRights-2Dof-2DAnother-2DUser&d=DwMFaQ&c=ZZSG6uzSceltznwRFikYOHauSYVchaEkL60ZFLST4Tg&r=Evn3247jiZK1cVRIbY_aXnep5hKORK5IWEErMXDPHhE&m=47YtTvp39783PWsRC9f6O7Giu2UYnB6QOUpsluYlD60&s=qK84Z01QUdzuDI31E2oZZ78ErQa-PE-UdEf9tCMQD9U&e=">Running and Delivering a Report with the Access Rights of Another User Stephen Jonas Manager, Digital Communications Channel Hawaii Medical Service Association

Level 2
Thanks everyone for their input! I checked and it was indeed due to the missing project access for those specific users. Cheers! Angela Kwok PwC (27652)

Level 10
I'd suggest organizing the projects by portfolio or program, verifying that users have the correct group in their profile, and share the portfolio/program with the appropriate group. This resolves all visibility issues for the users. Then it's just a matter of ensuring the dashboard reports are configured to pull projects in specific portfolios or programs, or projects with the appropriate group ID.