Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shared Columns - NWE vs Classic - no space between fields?

Level 4

Hi there - I have a report that is displaying fine in Classic but as soon as I convert to NWE - the two fields that had a space between them in a shared column in Classic do not have a space between them in NWE. I cannot figure out what to edit in the text mode to add a space between the two fields that are sharing a column so they display correctly in NWE? Any ideas?

Here is the text mode:

column.0.displayname=Project Contact

column.0.sharecol=true

column.0.shortview=false

column.0.textmode=true

column.0.usewidths=true

column.0.value=</font><font color=8A8482>Name:<mark></mark></font><font color=0000ff><b>

column.0.valueformat=HTML

column.0.width=200

column.1.displayname=

column.1.linkedname=direct

column.1.namekey=Contact First Name.Project

column.1.querysort=DE:Contact First Name.Project

column.1.sharecol=true

column.1.textmode=true

column.1.valuefield=Contact First Name.Project

column.1.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

column.2.displayname=

column.2.linkedname=direct

column.2.namekey=Contact Last Name.Project

column.2.querysort=DE:Contact Last Name.Project

column.2.sharecol=true

column.2.textmode=true

column.2.valuefield=Contact Last Name.Project

column.2.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

This is the result - between first and last name in NWE - no space

Same report fields in Classic - with space

Thanks for your help!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 4

Screen shots didn't come through - see attached

Level 10

Hi - Because you are not adding any HTML between first and last name, I would do a CONCAT expression. (I'll show you below)

Now your code for Column 0 a few things...

• you start with a /font command but that is usually at the end so not sure what that is for.
  • You also have MARK, but there is nothing inside the two commands so not sure what you want to highlight.
  • I personally like to add &nbsp; for spaces in my HTML.

I've simplified it a little but, if that doesn't give you want you want, ignore my column.0 stuff and just copy column.1.

Something like...

column.0.sharecol=true

column.0.shortview=false

column.0.textmode=true

column.0.usewidths=true

column.0.value=<font color=8A8482>Name:&nbsp;</font><font color=0000ff><b>

column.0.width=200

column.1.displayname=

column.1.sharecol=true

column.1.textmode=true

column.1.valuefexpression=CONCAT({Contact First Name.Project}," ",{Contact Last Name.Project})

column.1.valueformat=HTML

Level 4

Thanks Anthony - i cleaned up the font line - the &nbsp; worked too but I added the CONCAT line column 1 with the HTML format - it removes the first name - it doesn't CONCAT it with the last name. I tried it in the column 2 also - and it removed the last name there. - It doesn't seem want to grab both of those fields together. Any other thoughts?

Level 10

Hi,

So, just to confirm, the idea is to get rid of Column 2 stuff as you don't need to share if you are doing a CONCAT statement. And if that messes things up for you, you don't have to use it. You can just use the column.0. stuff and keep what you have. Just wanted to share you can use CONCAT if you want to combine values and don't have any paragraph breaks :)

And I'm so sorry, I forgot the DE:'s as they are custom fields

column.0.sharecol=true

column.0.shortview=false

column.0.textmode=true

column.0.usewidths=true

column.0.value=<font color=8A8482>Name:&nbsp;</font><font color=0000ff><b>

column.0.width=200

column.1.displayname=

column.1.sharecol=true

column.1.textmode=true

column.1.valuefexpression=CONCAT({DE:Contact First Name.Project}," ",{DE:Contact Last Name.Project})

column.1.valueformat=HTML

Level 4

Hi Anthony - figured it out - thanks for the help. I ended up removing the data from column two completely which was the last name information - using your value expression above and re-sharing columns - all looks good!

Level 10

Is there a reason you're using first and last name instead of just name? or component.name?

Level 4

We have some custom functionality for a CRM in Compass that houses Customer information, contact info, address info into programs (we use programs as our customer records) - these fields are split as part of that functionality so we can sort - first to last or last to first for other reasons.