Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Sending Reports to Team

Level 1
Hi all, I have been going through Ascent report creation training and recently learned about the ability to send automated reports to my team with a list of each member's late tasks. However, I am hoping to find out if there is further customization of the automation process available. For example, if a team member doesn't have any late tasks then their report will not generate results and the automated email I have set up comes through saying no results, disregarding the custom message that I had typed up to send. Is there a way to keep this message in the email body even with a blank report? I am also curious if there is a way to create an IF statement type of send, where if a member has late assignments in the report then they will will receive an automated email and those who have no late tasks will not receive any email. I look forward to your responses! Thanks, Mitchell Mitchell Noble DISH Network
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7
Hi Mitchell, You can accomplish custom late task notifications using the Email Templates and Notifications in the Admin Setup area. Create the email template first... Here's an example I took from another post: $$assignedTo:firstName$$ You are assigned to work on " https://.my.workfront.com/task/view?ID=$$ID$$ ">$$name$$ , which has a Delivery Date of $$DE:Delivery Date$$.
Project Name: $$project:name$$
Description: $$description$$
Estimated Effort: $$work$$ hours
Planned Completion Date: $$plannedCompletionDate$$ Delivery Date: $$DE:Delivery Date$$
Then create the Task notification and associate the email template. The option to use the notification is present on each task so that the PM can indicate whether or not to send the notifications or you can just bulk edit all tasks on the project and check the box. Hope this helps. Teale McCleaf Google Inc.