Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Sending Milestone Report via Email

Level 8
Hello Everyone! Is anyone found an option to send a Milestone Report via email that does not require someone to login to Workfront to view the report? We've tried sending it as HTML, PDF and Excel, but the attached files are just links to the report which requires the receiver to login to view it. When we send a regular list report, the attached file is the list. We have some executives who do not want to log in to WF and we're looking for a way to get this report to them via email. Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 7
That's interesting. When you say "Milestone Report", are you actually creating the report against the "Project" object, or the "Milestone" object? When you email the report with an EXCEL attachment, an excel file is attached right? You're not saying that inside the excel file is a link to the report, right? (ADDED/EDITED after creation) - Also, is it just this one report that does this, or any report you sent to the executive they can't see it in excel?

Level 10
The only time I've scheduled a report and received nothing but a link to the report is when the report is massively huge. I try to keep my reports filtered down so I get the data I want, not a link. Eric

Level 8
Hi Greg, We are reporting to the "milestone" object. In Workfront, we are using the special "Milestone View" which shows milestones we've assigned, the dates they are due and the condition. I was incorrect in my original statemnt regarding the Excel file attachment when sending the report. I thought all we were getting was a link, however the Excel file does list a few bits of information: the name of the project, owner of the project, project description, Project Start On Date, Project Due On Date and the Project Percent Complete. However, the milestones are not listed. We are just beginning our exploration of Milestone Paths and reporting, so this is the only report that we've created of this type at this time. Thank you for your help and insight!

Level 10
Was there any answer / solution? I created a project report and use the workfront built in milestone view - however when I did a send report - that end result - did not show the milestone view that I see when logged into Workfront. I need this function for executives and external customers - who will not be logging into Workfront. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 2
The exported report shows whatever is on the "Columns (View)" tab of the report you created - those columns in that order. The "Milestone View" is an overlay I've only found is handled in Workfront. The same seems to be true of the Gantt view. I can set a report to run showing a Gantt page, but I cannot automate an email with that view. Mark Lopez Centene Corporation

Level 10
I am able to successfully see the report - by clicking on the LINK (project name) in the email - initially I was downloading and opening the attachment. Why is there an attachment? I do not want that attachment apart of the email - as 100% of the customers will do what I did - download the attachment and open it - that is normal behavior - the attachment does not show the milestone view - but the link within the email does. Any workarounds? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Thanks to Skye - who pointed me to the Leap 2019 Collections Report - this worked and solved my problem. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS