Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

See Issue Task/Project Was Created From

Level 10
Is there an easy way to see the issue a task was created from? I have a TON of intake queues set up, and we generate a TON of issues. Most of those get turned into a task or a project, and when the task or project is closed, it resolves the issue. That said, we have a lot of open issues, and being able to see at a glance, either in the task or a custom report, which originating queue issues are now associated with a corresponding task/project would be invaluable. Does anyone know how to do this, or should I add it to the idea exchange?
12 Replies

Level 10
Hi Ian. I suspect the solution you are seeking is Workfron's "Resolving Objects" concept. Here is a primer from the help site. Regards, Doug

Level 2
The way we've dealt with it is to create a custom report. In the custom report, we have: Issue name Task name Resolved Project name This allows us to see issues that have or do not have tasks/projects associated with them. Not sure if that answers your question. Hope it helps. Thanks!

Level 10
Does the resolved project name work as a hyperlink in your platform? It's not working in name or in the status icons in our instance, yet it shows it as a URL...

Level 8
Ian - if you go to a project or task that was converted from an issue, go to the Project (or Task) details tab and scroll all the way down, the last field is called "This Resolves" and hyperlinks to the issue. If you go to the issue and want to see if it's resolved by something, you do the same thing (Issue details - scroll all the way down) -the last field will be called "Resolved By" and hyperlinks to the task or project.

Level 10
If you use a custom form on your task/issue you can add a few calculated fields to help tie the subsequent project to them. With the help of our consultant I am working on a more elegant solution and will provide and update when done. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 2
We had an issue where it was not showing as a hyperlink, but it was due to the access. We had to change the permissions to allow those we wanted to see them. It's not the cleanest, but ended up working. Thanks!

Level 10
Mohini, you rock. That's exactly what we were looking for. Thank you everyone who tried to help here, the WF community is the best!!!

Level 8
Glad you were able to get what you needed!!!

Level 10
Ladell, Do you know what permission it was that you had to change? Ian

Level 9
All - resurrecting an old thread. I'm trying to find for the life of me a way to see the linked issue (that the project resolved) listed in the requests area of the resolved project. My only workaround it seems is to create a Resolving Requests report and add a dashboard prompt, then add it as a tab on the project itself. (not user friendly and very clunky). What's strange is that the report works (off the project) and worked yesterday. If I run the report without being embedded onto the project it gives me back exactly what it should - the issue. When I run it as part of a dashboard as tab on the project? Nothing. But seriously - there has to be an easier way to show what issues there are that this project resolved from then adding a manual prompt surely? Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 10
I assume you don't want to use the Project Details > Overview (page to the bottom). You want to display other fields?