Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

running a report with calculated field from another calculated field.

Level 3

I have a report that I'm working on, and i was wondering in a report where I'm generating a calculated field from another field, am i able to reference that generated field within the same report. 

i have this field which is assigning a int based on text in a custom form. 

displayname=SLA
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="0-NotNeeded",0,IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="1-XSmall",3,IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="2-Small",5,IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="3-Medium",6,IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="4-Large",8,IF({DE:PIM | RHC TShirt Size}="5-XLarge",9))))))
valueformat=int
width=50

from that field i wanted to use that number above, and multiply that number and add on from a know date. 

currently it displays a date, but is subtracting 1 single day?

displayname=Estimated Hand off
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=ADDWEEKDAYS({DE:PIM | Engagement Plan Estimated Completion Date}, SUM({DE:SLA}*5))
valueformat=shortAtDate
width=50

is this not possiable?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Correct. Just because you made a valueexpression in a report doesn't mean it's a "calculated field". You specifically need to create that field on a custom form. Else, repeat the calculation again in your second column.

Level 3

ugh i figured that was the case. thank you for the info!