Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rounding a Number in Calculated Field

Level 2

I have added a Calculated Field into a Custom Form to divide two numbers added into the Form. This is working as expected.

But I would like to be able to display this number as either a whole number or to one decimal place using the Round or Floor expressions but haven't been able to get it to work as per the instructions in the Documentation area. 

Below is a screenshot of the current data expression and I wonder if someone would be able to help adding in one of the above functions to this expression?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ROUND([your DIV calculation goes here],1)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Round expression has 2 arguments: number itself & number of decimal places,e.g.

Rafal_Bainie_0-1722854440640.png

it works pretty well, although I vaguely recall I had some issues with rounding in the past that I don't remember clearly

Level 2

Hi Rafal - the number in this field differs with each Request submitted so I am unsure how to stipulate the actual number before the number of decimal places? 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ROUND([your DIV calculation goes here],1)

Level 2

Thanks for this Skye! I didn't realise I'd have to go back in and amend the details to get the values in the Calculated Field to update but this is working correctly now thank you!