Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Reviewers are unable to edit the Overview under Issue Details

Level 3
When a user with Reviewer access submits a request (Issue), they are unable to edit the Overview once it has been created. It should make sense for a requester to be able to edit their own request. The queue setup of the project only gives me the option to give Contribute/Manage access to edit Custom forms, but not the Overview. Is this possible or is this issue an Idea Exchange request? Ruby Aran Investors Group Financial Services Inc
3 Replies

Level 10
Yeah, this one can be tricky. I brought this up with WF a while ago and it should function in a more straight forward manner than it does. You have to give them Manage access at the destination project level. It's counterintuitive, but they claim that's "by design" �� . So under the project where the Request will eventually reside (i.e. you may be Routing to it), go to Edit Project > Access and under "When someone submits a Request..." select Manage. I also like to uncheck the Delete access box so they can't accidentally delete something (see screen shot below). But this will give that any person that submits the request permission to Edit the Request Description etc. in Overview. You might do a little Regression Test though, because depending on how you have your Forms permission structured etc. that permission level may cause some unexpected or unintended results on other stuff. But this will work. I just tested it again to re-verify. Keep in mind, if you're like us you may have two projects for each request selection. A request queue project (which how you get the menu selection to appear for the User) which contains the form and permissions etc.). Then there's a 2nd "destination" project that we Route to. This is the holding place for these types of requests. This is a good practice because you can still control your menu permissions with the queue project without giving the same permissions on the final destination project (you may want different permissions, etc.). Anyway, you'll want to make sure you do this in the project where your requests will reside. Otherwise it won't work. Let me know if you have any trouble. But I agree it should just work with Contribute (especially if they're allowed to edit the custom form under Contribute). So perhaps a feature request is in order too �� . Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 8
Is this already an idea in the idea exchange? If so, point us to it! Our agency runs into the same issue. Jennifer Tanabe Director, Project Management Vertical Measures

Level 4
I've been able to work around this problem by creating a report where they can in-line edit the description, name, etc -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -