Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Resource Planner and Capacity

Level 2
What do you all use as your percent for resource capacity? For example - a person works 40 hours a week - currently we have them listed as available for 37.5 hours a week. Some of our employees say they heard in a training class that we should be listing available hours at 80% which would be 32 hours a week available. Help! What do you all do? We are an advertising print/digital/video/marketing area. Thanks! Lauren McCollim, M.B.A, PMP Advertising Project Manager Pensacola Christian College
2 Replies

Level 10
We used to do 7 hours a day (thinking people should you know, get a lunch), but we were asked to move people to 8 hours a day. If they have a training or something they have to make up the time I guess unless they put in FTO or Offsite time in. Now for some executives, we will reduce their FTE so that it doesn't look like a department has "available" time when really they don't. This is usually determined by the Annual Staffing Plan. So if XYZ executive is going to be 40% billable this year, I'll change his FTE to 0.4. Hope that helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
for us it boiled down to how much users were in the tool. If someone's work consists of 5 hours of workfront work (tasks assigned in workfront) and 35 hours of meetings or "other", they are in there as 0.125 and I have a few (like... 2) people in there like this. 0.8 is also a number I have entered a lot. But I have everything in between. Teams just tell us how long each user is in the system for, and it runs from 32 to 20 usually (except for the exceptions...). If you're not logging meetings or if you're not logging every single thing you do in the system I think 32 is pretty fair--but that's us. There's no "should" in here, we're all so different. If your users are assigned tasks based on an expectation they are in Workfront 37.5 hr/week then that's fair for you. -skye