Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resource Grid: Show Tentative/confirmed and Partial leave

Level 3
Is anyone keen to see the following in the Resource Grid? 1. Consultant's booking if it's tentative/confirmed (maybe change the hour's colour to green and orange)? 2. Consultant's partial leave, (maybe show a shaded area of the day) At the moment we are using two reports to get all the must have info in the team schedule. Or we have to drill to the Consultant's account to see the Time-Off or change the view from 'availability' to 'used'. Or rely on the other report to view the tentative(task status=unscheduled) bookings for a specific Consultant.
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Maricel, The flash-based Resource Grid won't be developed further I suspect, and will be retired in the near-ish future once all the new resource tools are released. Regarding shading of partial day time-off, this is actually already available in the new Working On Calendar (WOC). This is quite a nice feature. Regarding tentative/confirmed, we have a custom Task status to identify this, however we can't see this by colour in the WOC. This would be a nice feature. If you'd like to log it as a feature request on the Idea Exchange, I'll add my vote! :) Cheers, David

Level 3
Hi David, I assume that if Workfront will replace the existing Resource Grid, that they will keep the working features and add more (hopefully add the tentative/confirmed and partial leave) so we have everything in one place. We don't use the Working on Calendar as it doesn't provide the other important info. The closest that we can use is the Resource Grid +customised report (to show the tentative and confirmed bookings). I've requested these features last year and heard nothing on the progress. I will add it to the Idea Exchange. Cheers, Maricel

Level 10
Hi Maricel, It's obviously not a given that all the existing features will be carried over to the Resource-grid replacement. The new WOC does introduce some really good new features but there are still a few key features missing (e.g. full screen button, grid lines, project names ) which were part of the old WOC. I'm pushing to have these re-added. When you say that you can't use the WOC, what is the 'important info' which is missing from it? Allocations and daily hour totals are actually part of the new WOC. Regards, David.

Level 3
Hi David, I'm still expecting that they will carry over the existing working features.There is an impact to our operation if the features that we utilise now will disappear. Replacing it with a new one is ok as long as it will provide the same info/features that we have now. At the moment, using the Working on Calendar (this is the path just to make sure we are referring to the same view: People/Teams/Working on (in short WOC)), these are the info that are not available: 1. Visibility of Planned Hours per booking, per day, per week or per month at a glance - In WOC, you have to click each booking individually to see the planned hours, where as in the resource grid, it's visible. It's easy to spot white spaces, current bookings and overbookings for the whole week or for the whole month or for a specific day.Where as in the Resource Grid it's visible at a glance. Out of curiosity, how do you add the hours together to see the total hours booking per week or per day in WOC? 2. Overbooked Consultant is not obvious -in the resource grid it shows as red as soon as the booking is over 8 hours for a specific day or over 40hours for a specific week. 3. Job Role (in our setup it contains the Consultant's skills) -this is important for the Project Coordinator to see this field so they can find the right Consultant for a specific work. This info is available in the resource grid but not in WOC. 4. Time -this is important if the booking is only for 2 or 4hours so the Consultant will know when they have to be on-site or when they need to call the client. In the WOC, it only shows the date but the time is missing. Regards, Maricel

Level 10
Hi Maricel - regarding your points, to my understanding: 1. You can enable a setting to view the total per resource per day and the total per task. You can't get the weekly/monthly totals though, which I agree would be very nice in the WOC. 2. In the new WOC, overbooked resources do get highlighted with red bars above and below their tasks for a given overbooked day. 3. The Scheduling tool does matching of users' roles to tasks, though of course it looks and works differently and for different purposes than the resource grid. 4. Good point - this would be handy if the time could be shown in the WOC - perhaps when you click to expand out the task. All I can suggest is to engage with Product Management (Nate can likely help facilitate it) so you can pass on your feedback and suggestions. The Idea Exchange is great for new features but I don't believe we should have to raise feature requests there in order to keep/regain functionality we already have/had. Regards, David Regards, David

Level 3
Hi David, Thank you for the inputs on 1-3. Yes the total hours per month and week are important to us so the closest one that we can use at the moment is the Resource Grid. So ideally the Team Calendar (whatever they call it) would show the Consultant’s availability at a glance based on the all the factors (e.g. leave, specific time they are booked, non-working day, doctor’s appointment, work request/working on, scheduled/tentative bookings as long as the project is tentative or in-flight). I’ve added some comments about Resource Management posted by Vazgen in the Idea Exchange. Hopefully they can consider those features. I will contact Nate to check if it can be considered. Cheers, Maricel Medes, PMP PMO Manager ES - Payglobal Sales & Services MYOB NZ Limited P +64 3 341 9516 Ext: 5516 M 0278388422 Level 2, 5 Sir William Pickering Drive, Burnside Christchurch 8053 www.myob.com https://www.myob.com [MYOB Simplify Success]