Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Hyperlinks in reports.

Level 2
Is there a way to remove hyperlinks in reports? I want an audience to see project names in reports but I do not want them drilling down into them through the hyperlinks in the report.
4 Replies

Level 10
There was a thread a while back about disabling links. https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/topic=62&post=2449#p2449 leading to the page below. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/218076587-How-to-Make-Task-Name-Non-Clickable-in-a-R... You have to switch to textmode, I think the valueformat=Compound may take off the hyperlink.

Level 7
I'm not 100% sure, (I copied this from somewhere) but I think to remove a hyper-link from a report, convert the field column to text mode and: replace valuefield=name with valueexpression={name} If it’s at an object higher, in this example, it’s a TASK report but we want to show the Project Name WITHOUT a link, it would be this: valueexpression={project}.{name}

Level 3
I've been able to disable the links in a report, but what I would prefer would be to only disable the links in the export of the report and not the report itself. We export a report into Excel to distribute to non-Workfront users and for other purposes. If I forget to remove the hyperlinks in Excel, the consumers of the spreadsheet may accidentally click on a cell and get taken to Workfront. If I disable the link in the report, there is no link in the export. But when the user is looking at the report in Workfront, the user often wants the hyperlink. It seems that I can only have the link in the report and the export, or the link in neither unless someone can show me something else. Any insight into solving this would be appreciated. Vern R Phipps Zions Bancorporation

Level 10
Hi Vern, The Excel Links are a Catch-22. You could create two reports (with links and without links), but that seems inefficient. When a Workfront report is exported to Excel, two tabs are included. The first has formatting, groupings, and active hyperlinks. The second is just raw data with no hyperlinks. Perhaps training end users outside Workfront to delete the former would be the easiest way to keep them out of hyperlink trouble, while still allowing your Workfront Users to take advantage of the hyperlinks. Regards, Doug