Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resolving objects for campaign tracking

Level 3
Is there a way to resolve a task by another project? Currently we have a master project which has all the deliverable projects as each task with a link out to the actual project which the creative teams work on. We do this for all our omnichannel campaigns as we have a lot channels and audiences. I would love to have the master project task to update % by the % complete of the resolving project. Anyone know how to do this? Is it possible? Jeannie Hart Cambia Health Solutions, Inc
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jeannie, I don't know of a way to do that. Could you just create a Project Report (or View) that lists your Projects and their % Complete? Would that accomplish what you want? Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
@Doug Den Hoed is this something UberCalc could do? Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
Yes indeed, Michael: UberCalc could sync each Task's % complete on a Master Project to their underlying Sub Project's % complete, and in so doing, have the Master Project's overall % complete accurately reflect the campaign's progress. That's an excellent usecase. Regards, Doug

Level 3
@ Vic Alejandro For some large projects, yes we run reports for. However, that's when we know all the parts. We have multiple request coming in from multiple departments, from very junior people that don't know the request is a part of a campaign. In some cases we'll have a campaign manager that puts multiple requests in without our PMs knowing they are all connected. So, we have a master list at the beginning of the month that we walk through with all the clients. That is essentially the "master" project. Calendarapp person, I've looked at your software several times, and the amount of money we invest in workfront for our 300+ clients justifies that this should be a core function of Workfront and we should not have to pay for an integration, which in my opinion is overpriced for a simple resolving feature workfront should have. Jeannie Hart Cambia Health Solutions, Inc