Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting

Level 4
Hello All, Is anyone reporting on last time hours were logged against a project? I have a monthly report (Project) that I've been working on with Workfront for several months trying to only pull in projects where no hours were logged for more than 30 days. There is a huge limitation on filtering - Hours Last Entry Date is not an option within the data base. Due to the limitation, there is no trigger to cause projects to drop off. This makes the report hugh and I have to look at projects over and over again that does have hours logged within the 30 day window. We tried using Project Last Update Date ; however, with this filter projects that should be on the report were being missed. The end result... I ended up filtering on the project status and portfolios I was interested in and within the column view, I pulled in Actual Hours Last Month and Actual Hours This Month (conditional rule applied when both fields equal "0") to use as a guide line. I still have to go into the project to verify last date hours were logged unless both these columns are blank. If anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance! Jilma Jilma Bell-Beecham Freedom Mortgage
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I found that you can't filter on something that isn't there. While I'm sure there are Text Mode savvy people out there that can do it, I can't figure out how to do it. I do have a simple report that I scan for anomalies. Here is the filter: Project Type is a custom attribute; It looks back 12 weeks at the time logged to projects each week; Here is the grouping – It is a Matrix report. Here is what it looks like: I cropped out all the project names on the left. By scanning the right most columns, I can tell if projects have been lingering without progress. I sometimes drop it into Excel and sort it. Can't sort the matrixed columns in WorkFront, easy peasy in Excel. I hope this helps Eric

Level 2
Hey Eric - I like this report and I have something similar. How are you replacing this matrix report when Flash no longer works? I would like to replace ours. Thank you in advance - Celeste Celeste DiDio PricewaterhouseCoopers - Partnership Tax Affairs

Level 7
Hi @Celeste DiDio Am I reading you message right that matrix groupings will no longer be an option when flash tools are removed? Thanks Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 10
Matrix way of viewing report it's no Flash based so it's not relevant, it stays as is. Only Resource Estimates report and Resource Grip will be gone. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 7
Thanks @Dagmara Garwell wasn't sure if I had missed something! Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 2
Sorry - ignore this message! I had FLASH on my mind while I was running reports. Matrix reports are not flash based so we are all set. I apologize for the confusion! Celeste Celeste DiDio PricewaterhouseCoopers - Partnership Tax Affairs