Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Reporting on velocity

Level 3

Hi everyone!  Does anyone know how to create a report to show the velocity of an agile team?  Other posts I've seen and the KPI reports I've reviewed created by WF are calculating velocity as the Actual Duration / Planned Duration - I can get this.

If I simply google how to measure a teams velocity, I get this: Divide the number of backlog items or user story points that's been delivered during the course of several sprints by the total number of days in those sprints.

How can we report that?

Thanks a ton!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, this is a tough one. I'm not sure about how to deliver something with that exact scenario, it may be possible with a couple calculated fields. 
But to take a step back, what is the team wanting to know specifically/how are you defining velocity? Based on what you're saying, are you more wanting to get insight on how many stories/tasks the team is completing within a certain timeframe, or the speed at which they're closing on tasks? If it's the former, you could do a task or issue report (whatever they work in most) of completed tasks/issues MoM or QoQ pulling in anyone on that team.

If it's the latter, you could do a report showing avg time of when a task or issue was submitted to when it was completed on avg. If you have a way of categorizing your work in a custom form, you could see how many days per task/issue type on average from entry to completion. I do this with our finance request types, example below. If you're interested I can share more details on this report.

MadalynD_0-1674832855714.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, this is a tough one. I'm not sure about how to deliver something with that exact scenario, it may be possible with a couple calculated fields. 
But to take a step back, what is the team wanting to know specifically/how are you defining velocity? Based on what you're saying, are you more wanting to get insight on how many stories/tasks the team is completing within a certain timeframe, or the speed at which they're closing on tasks? If it's the former, you could do a task or issue report (whatever they work in most) of completed tasks/issues MoM or QoQ pulling in anyone on that team.

If it's the latter, you could do a report showing avg time of when a task or issue was submitted to when it was completed on avg. If you have a way of categorizing your work in a custom form, you could see how many days per task/issue type on average from entry to completion. I do this with our finance request types, example below. If you're interested I can share more details on this report.

MadalynD_0-1674832855714.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )