Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Reporting Hours Logged under each Status

Level 2

I am trying to create a report which will show me the total number of hours logged under each status our projects progress through. Ex. Project A logged 3 hours under scoping status and 10 hours in active status. Through my attempts, it seems I can only get the report to show the total hours of projects with a specific status. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kaitlyn,

I believe what you're doing is the best possible via native Workfront reporting in that only the current Project Status is tracked (although technically, so is Project Previous Status) vs the "Project Status over time" you seek, so instead (as one option), suggest you consider setting up specific Hour Types (e.g. Scoping, Active, etc.) and teaching your team to choose the correct value as part of their time entry so you can in turn then summarize the hours by Project and by Hour Type.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kaitlyn,

I believe what you're doing is the best possible via native Workfront reporting in that only the current Project Status is tracked (although technically, so is Project Previous Status) vs the "Project Status over time" you seek, so instead (as one option), suggest you consider setting up specific Hour Types (e.g. Scoping, Active, etc.) and teaching your team to choose the correct value as part of their time entry so you can in turn then summarize the hours by Project and by Hour Type.

Regards,

Doug