Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report View: Is it possible to retrieve a second-level collection?

Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to show all assignments on a project in a project report. Since the assignments are related to the task, is it somehow possible to retrieve them based on the project, something like:

displayname=Assignements

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks:assignments)

textmode=true

type=iterate

usewidths=true

valuefield=ID

valueformat=HTML

width=500

Anyone have an idea :-)

Thanks and cheers,

Chris

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris - Unfortunately, I don't think you can do a collection of a collection.

Now with that said, have you looked at the Project Users (or Project Team as some call it) and see if that helps. The only down side to it is that if someone's tasks is reassigned to someone else, they will stay on the project until the PM removes them from the People tab. But if your users aren't moving people around all the time, that might be close to accurate.

Try this out and see if it works for you :) (For project object type reports)

displayname=Project Users

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=user:name

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Hi Chris,

Another workaround instead of a collection-of-a-collection might be to assume that the primary assignee of each task is "it" as far as that Task's particular role is concerned (using a Quality Assurance role called "QA" as an example), and assuming that only one such task will exist per project (or if not, living with the side effect of having the same person repeat, and/or seeing more than one person):

displayname=QA Task Assignees

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({role}.{name}="QA",IF(ISBLANK({assignedToID}),"",CONCAT({role}.{name}," - ",{assignedTo}.{name})),"")

valueformat=HTML

You could then repeat this approach for a separate column per role (e.g. QA, Chief, Cook, Bottle Washer, etc.)

Mileage may vary.

Regards,

Doug

Level 6

Hi @Anthony Imgrund‚ and @Doug Den Hoed‚ , thanks you so much for your thoughts on this. Sadly we have quite complex projects with a lot of assignees in different roles. The Project Users include also users that have already completed all their tasks and as you pointed out even those who have been re-assigned in the meantime. But I guess I will look at options via Fusion to get all the assignments and paste that in a field on task assignement updates.

Level 10

I have a great filter where people can see projects where they have incomplete assignments. But it doesn't work for PM or Managers who want to see who the people are on different projects.

In case you have a use for it... (This is for a project object type report)

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:1:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:1:assignedToID_Mod=in

EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:task:status=CPL

EXISTS:1:task:status_Mod=notin

Level 6

Thanks Anthony, I borrowed that already from another one of your threads :-)