Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report URLs w/i Report

Level 4
Hi there! We have a report that contains all of our active projects, pertinent info, recent updates, resources, etc. Now that we've integrated w. other internal applications, would like to add in links to other reports housing project specific info for each project. Would like to add in a column containing URLs fo Development Items Report:.... (Clickable URL that pulls up said report) Documentation Report:.... (Clickable URL that pulls up said report) & so on... we have over 40 active projects at a time and I've created a report (second screenshot) previously that contains reporting links but can't figure out how to apply w. what we're trying to achieve here. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jordan, First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on the development of a text mode view that's among the best I've seen in my career. Not only does it reinforce the importance of having text mode capability, it also gives me hope that there are more fellow developers out there in the shadows waiting to shine in the community! Now for the answer to your question, but on the condition that we get some info on how exactly you accomplished that nifty picture icon column! Well, it's not really conditional because here's how you can get a clickable link in your view, which happens to be one of my favorite tricks and you're going to see why in a moment. First of all, and obviously, make sure you have custom fields for storing your URLs on the project custom form. Next, add the following text mode to the view: link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Dev Items Report URL) linkedname=html(Dev Items Report URL) valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Dev Items Report URL}),"",CONCAT("Open Report‚Ä£")) valueformat=HTML This is nice because it only renders a clickable link if there's a value in the field and you can customize the label where it says "Open Report". I use this method in "https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=Yqk9zPE6LJI5N8XTJ6N80-SYuKuAXKu9_JfDZbn_EJb0adBTVDXVtR1ODqGL0P6fk0P8UfrYpH4AaFouADRScwgnxrsw6gIk&endcap" WFPro Project , a package with some heavy custom views as seen here: I also invite you to have a closer look at our "https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=kAg_d4Cii183xFY7oBgoU3OQyszPDd6udncq0yXv7oij_d_TdoNG9Mp3B9DHmSpPFTrtlXW9W-2MhVoWNiL1F6Cwu3uTzlRp&endcap" WFPro Navigation project report , which is quite similar to the report you're working on, but with a different purpose and a heavy reliance on the "Make this report public to external users" feature. One key difference is that I'm pulling documentation and testimonials from a task collection on the project instead of a custom field. However, other fields such as Versions, Manifest, Demo and Install are all referring to a custom field on the project as described above. If you're interested in that code, I can explain it as well. Let us know how this code works out for you and, if you can, share an updated screenshot. Thanks, Narayan

Level 4
I'm terribly sorry for the delay, I think our firewall is blocking my auto emails from here! Obviously I should be paying more attention because although I've figured it out, it likely would have taken less time! I manipulated the layout a little bit as I'm going to change plenty more on the report and it laid out better on the left as you see below. I appreciate the kind words on the report, it was NOT simple for a non-developer when starting out w. visions of what I thought to be impossible! I actually just came across your site and some of the things you provide. I'll shoot you a message as I was actually thinking of connecting on what we've got here and some other "gotchyas" I've figured out! Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.

Level 10
I'm most interested in knowing how you are embedding the images. Mind posting some of the code behind that for the community to benefit from?

Level 4

Gosh, again not seeing these... I've modified my original report from the top to the bottom. We had photos for internal resources at first but I've done away with them. It is actually very simple... If you added in a column for say, Project Name, do a conditional formatting to say if project name = Martinson Leasing, show me a :-) and save that condition. Go to your project (or any of the document repositories in WF) upload your image & go to sharing, share & make public, copy that link. Paste it into a browser and the image will open, right click on the image and click on open in a new tab, copy the URL & go back to your report. switch that column to text mode and you'll see, where you entered the :-) ...

image.case.0.comparison.truetext=/static/img/r15/icons/casebuilder/emoticon_smile.gif

replace everything after, image.case.0.comparison.truetext=

with the URL you copied and save

0690z000008LCaxAAG.png