Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Report Owner best practices?

Level 2

I've recently had someone on my team who created reports move to another job and no longer can be the "owner" for reports he has created. It's my understanding that I need to copy those as the new owner. Those reports were shared with others, which is the problem if the users have it pinned. Is there another way to do this? Or do I simply notify those people of changing reports?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

For reports that are not calendars there isn't any need to copy the report. Have your system admin allow you to have manage rights to those reports, and then make sure you run a report to make sure none of them are run with the rights of the exiting owner (if they are, you'll have to pick someone else).

For reports that ARE calendars, best practice would be to use the service account to own those. This way if you leave, your successor doesn't have to copy those for the second or third time, and so on.