Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Report on multiple roles assigned to a task

Level 6
I need to generate a report that shows open tasks with two people assigned simultaneously where one has the role of Writer and the other has the role of Designer. My initial attempt (see screenshot) shows tasks assigned to with one or the other role, but not tasks where a writer and a designer are both assigned. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this? Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA
6 Replies

Level 8
Hi Catherine! If you change the reporting field to Assignment > Roles ID , that should do it! Let me know if you run into any trouble though. Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
Hi, Question first: Do your tasks tend to be assigned? I have a trick but it only really works on my smaller agencies who pretty much have every task assigned to a person. If you do, try this filtering below. The role under Assignment Roles ID is fine because that can be for a Copywriter (in my example) whether it is assigned or unassigned. The trick is the Assignment Users Role ID which only works if a user is assigned to the task and has the UX Architect as their primary job role. Not perfect, but is a lot closer for you. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 6
Hi @Sydney Peterson thanks but when I take this approach, I'm seeing tasks where a writer or a designer is assigned, not tasks were both writers and designers are assigned at the same time. Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 6
Hi @Anthony Imgrund we assign to a role within our templates and convert to specific people when projects go live. If I could even just report on tasks where more than one person is assigned, I could rig what I need by role filtering. Hmmm.... Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 8
Sorry about that @Catherine Hayes ! When I use Assignment > Roles ID and put in two job roles it worked for me. Now that I'm reading Anthony's response, I think he touched on why, because all of my roles have people assigned to them, so it's pulling both assignee's. Sorry about that, but hopefully @Anthony Imgrund 's suggestion gets you closer, or someone else in the community can help you! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 2
Hi Sydney,

I had something similar happen recently and contacted Workfront Support to help me out. I just wanted to check what kind of report you're running. When I was trying to run a Task Report, this wouldn't work. I switched to an Assignment Report and things magically worked!

My situation was that multiple people were assigned to the same task, and I wanted a report of every task people had active. Running a Task report only grabbed the person who was the Task Owner. When I switched to Assignment Reports, it grabbed anyone that was included in the assignment field. I'm not positive this will help, but I hope it does! Alexis McMullen APM MUSIC