Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report on custom form fields using "Track field changes in update feeds"

Level 2

Hello Workfront Community,

Is it possible to run a report on the full list of custom form field names and those that are using the "Track field changes in update feeds" option and those that are not.  We have run out of our allotted use of that prompt and need to readdress the distribution of that feature which would begin with knowing which fields have it activated.

Thanks!

Suzy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey Suzy,

I'd recommend submitting a support request to Workfront asking for them to increase the limit from the default 300, typically Support will put in a request to have it doubled, and that should help you out. If I remember correctly, the back end name was Journal Field, but it's been a few months since I've worked at Adobe Workfront, and it wasn't all that common of an ask.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey Suzy,

I'd recommend submitting a support request to Workfront asking for them to increase the limit from the default 300, typically Support will put in a request to have it doubled, and that should help you out. If I remember correctly, the back end name was Journal Field, but it's been a few months since I've worked at Adobe Workfront, and it wasn't all that common of an ask.

Good luck!

Level 5

You can run a parameter report, but I'm not seeing anything in the API Explorer that lets you show if it records in the update feed.

Level 10
isJournaled=true

should work… but it doesn't.

Maybe an engineer can either fix it or tell us why it doesn't work?

Level 10

I ran into this same problem. We reached the limit of 300. WF support says that is the limit so they can't increase it. If the error message has a number less than 300 they can increase it to 300, but that's the max. 

They also said there's no way to tell which fields have this setting (so you can remove some). They have no report and no API field to do that. They suggested I open a feature request which is a waste of time since there's only 4 of us that care. It's a bit ridiculous. You can't tell me I reached a limit then have no way to make an adjustment. 

Level 2

I do not understand why they gives us a way to track changes, but no way to reprot to it?? 

Employee

For anyone who runs into this in the future, I just wanted to mention that there is a list in your Setup->Interface->Update Feeds page. Within that page, you can navigate to the Custom Fields tab to see which fields you've opted to track.