Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Report custom sort help using ValueExpression in Text Mode

Level 1

hello!

i am looking for help with my text mode work around for forcing a sorted order. The piece below populates the values on the report, but does not sort by them, and sorts by the original values. Any help would be great!

displayname=

enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.OpTaskStatusEnum

enumtype=OPTASK

linkedname=direct

name="status"

querysort=status

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

textmode=true

type=enum

valueexpression=IF({status}="AIR","1",IF({status}="NEW","2",IF({status}="WKL","3",IF({status}="CFA","4",IF({status}="ASC","5",IF({status}="RLV","6",IF({status}="WTR","7",IF({status}="CLS","8",IF({status}="INP","9")))))))))

valueformat=val

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

You're on the right track with your formula, but in order to sort (or chart, etc.), the value in question needs to persist within the Workfront database. So, if you convert your formula into a calculated custom parameter, you can then refer to it directly in your view (even in graphic mode) and choose the sort option (technically, resulting in a valuefield instead of valueexpression under the hood).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

You're on the right track with your formula, but in order to sort (or chart, etc.), the value in question needs to persist within the Workfront database. So, if you convert your formula into a calculated custom parameter, you can then refer to it directly in your view (even in graphic mode) and choose the sort option (technically, resulting in a valuefield instead of valueexpression under the hood).

Regards,

Doug

Level 1

Where do i add the calculated custom parameter? Into the Custom form or?

(I am new to WorkFront)

Thank you for your help!

Level 10

Ah! Pardon my presumption, Andrew, and welcome to the feast!

I'd recommend Creating Custom Forms as an appetizer, Using Calculated Custom Data as main course, then Creating a Report as dessert, savoring the "6. Sort" section of the latter, in particular.

Regards,

Doug