Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report column of the Name of the user who last put in a note.

Level 1
I am trying to make a column in my report that shows the Name of the user who inputted the last note in the project. I can only find the Owner ID but that is not what i am looking for. I am still pretty new to Text Mode and I can't seem to find the right format. Can someone help me figure this out? Thank you Lucas Wilcox Sunrun Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 8
Dear Lucas, Enjoy playing with text mode! It unlocks a lot of power. You might find the following support page helpful as a quick grab-bag:

Level 3
There's also this advanced reporting document, which I can't find a link to in the new Workfront Ascent. There are several training modules on reporting now, so it might only be available once registered for one of those. As I was learning report/dashboard building in Workfront, I was pretty much glued to this document. There may have been a few syntax changes since this version was released, so please keep that in mind... maybe someone knows where there is a new version of it? Jennifer Allen Staples, Inc.

Level 3
On page 53 of this Advanced Reporting doc. There is a link to an old Attask dead page which makes the next several pages and exercises unusable, just an FYI Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 3
Workfront has discontinued that Advanced Reporting manual. Updated materials will be available in Workfront Ascent in the future. We still offer the Advanced Reporting course live, generally twice a month. You can register through Workfront Ascent. The link is to our former Community site, which is why it doesn't work. There are multiple forums here on Community that are about text mode. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Team Lead

Level 3
Allison, Can you point us to some of those forums? I can only find a the general reporting discussions. The lack of documentation on this subject is getting pretty frustrating. Community clear selection Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 3
Hi Lucas, I can confirm the following works: Add column of: Last note > OwnerID On the right hand side, click "Switch to Text Mode" Change out (as mentioned above) Valuefield=lastnote:ownerID to valuefield=lastNote:owner:name Your code should look like: displayname=Update by: linkedname=lastNote namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=lastNote namekeyargkey.1=ownerID querysort=lastNote:ownerID textmode=true valuefield=lastNote:owner:name valueformat=HTML Jeannie Hart Cambia Health Solutions, Inc