Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report: Adding whether there is a document (yes or no) from a particular task and folder

Level 2

Okay, so this one may be a bit convoluted, but here's what I'm trying to do:

I need to create a report that says (true/false) if there are documents inside a task's folder.  I've built a report for this, but it's pulling in all documents, not just from a specific folder.  I added a field called "has documents" but that's what is pulling everything, so I know that's not right.

I have a Task Named QC.  There's a folder at the QC task level called QC.  I want the report to show if there are documents in that task folder.  If yes, I want the report to say True (or yes) and if not, I want it to say False (or no).  Perhaps with a option for "blank" - not the word, just a blank.  Blank could/may indicate new project.  

Let me know if you have questions...

Thank you!

Tracy

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, try this in a TASK report, text mode filter (add any other filter you'd want first in standard mode before changing to text mode, then add this in text mode):
EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCFLD
EXISTS:a:document:taskID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:folder:name=[folder name here, like QC]
EXISTS:a:folder:name_Mod=cicontains

This will pull any tasks that have a doc folder named QC or whatever you put there. Then in your columns of your report, add the 'has documents' column for the T/F.  Let me know if it works!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thank you, Madalyn.  I'm gonna take this back to my team to review and see if we can get this to work.

I'll let you know.

Tracy

Level 2

Hi, Madalyn.

This didn't work for us.  But, thank you so much for your response.  It means a lot!!!

Tracy

Community Advisor

Hi, are you sure you modified where I had bolded?

EXISTS:a:folder:name=[folder name here, like QC]
I had tested this on my end and it worked...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Yeah, we did that.  Maybe something else we did was off, so it didn't work as expected.  We're still trying.