Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Removing a custom form from Request screen drop down

Level 2

When someone enters a request from the main menu, we have a drop down to select which custom form they can chose from. I have deactivated a custom form, but I don't know how to remove it from the request view.

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you a system administrator? Not sure which main menu you are talking about but it sounds like you either need to delete the queue topic that references the custom form, or you may need to reconfigure that project to not show up as a request queue.

These links could be a good start for you or your system admin in that respect: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/requests/create-and-manage-reque...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/requests/create-and-manage-reque...

Level 2

Yes, I'm a system admin. Thank you for the links, but I can't figure it out. I will read some more and see if I can figure it out. This is what I mean by the main menu.  When someone wants to enter a request for a project they click on request and from there we have a drop down for which team should work on the request. 

DonnaZi_0-1689107337597.png

Community Advisor

OK Gotcha. In the requests area, the very first selection you make is represented in Workfront as a project. Any selection you make that displays this form is a queue topic. You need to locate all the projects that are displaying the queue topics that have the form. You'll have to remove the queue topics, or replace the form that is available from the queue topics, or close the project that is showing up as an option to be selected in your request area.

Did another system admin set this area up with the selections? If so, can they help you reconfigure?

Level 2

Thank you, I will look and see what I can find. Unfortunately, the folks that setup our system don't work here anymore.  

Level 2

Hi, I talked this through with my co-workers and we have it fixed. Thanks again for your help.

Community Advisor

Some Admins will set all their request queues to a status of Queue or something along those lines or put all their request queues in a certain Portfolio. 

If you're not sure what might have been done, you can create a project report with the filter: Queue >> Is Public = Company, Group, Private, Public

This seems to pull all projects where on the Queue Details page, "Publish as Help Request Queue" is checked, which then allows those projects to show in the first dropdown on the Requests page, and the queue topics from those projects to show in subsequent dropdowns.

This will give you easy access to all your request queues going forward.

Level 7

In our environment the request queues are actually just parent projects - in that case it would be a matter of going and editing that parent project

Level 2

Thanks for responding Richard. Our request queue isn't a parent project. It just shows up on our main menu.  

DonnaZi_1-1689107661089.png

Level 7

It likely shows up because it is a project that has been configured as a help request queue in the options, I'm not sure if there are many other ways to create request queues

You would want to find the parent project and edit the custom forms in that parent project

Level 2

Thank you, Richard. I will look for the parent project.

Level 2

Richard, I talked this through with my co-workers and we have it fixed. Thanks again for your help.