Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Receive in-app notification for issue status change

Level 3

Hi all,

I was trying to configure that as soon as a request status changes (i.e. from "New" to one of the custom statuses we created), I want the requester to receive an in-app notification within Workfront.

I understand from the documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/use-notifications/notifications-reque...) that the requester can receive an email notification by default, but is there a way to allow for the in-app notification as well?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

jinxcjinxc, that is the only option out of the box that is available.  If you have Fusion, you could potentially have it send in-app notes to the user when statuses change on requests but that is the only option for doing in-app on this use case.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

jinxcjinxc, that is the only option out of the box that is available.  If you have Fusion, you could potentially have it send in-app notes to the user when statuses change on requests but that is the only option for doing in-app on this use case.

Level 3

Thanks - have you experimented something like this in Fusion? Any tips?

Community Advisor

Jinxcjinxc,

You could have Fusion watch your requests for the status change, when that occurs, you could do a create record for Note type which allows you to direct a message to a team or user (like the requester), essentially using the same process the update feed does so the user sees it within Workfront notifications.  You could have a different note created based on the status if you needed to.

An example we do using this process (cause IT wouldn't allow us to tie into our email system) is when we create a user account.  We have a custom form on the user profile with question that says Send a Training Plan? Yes or No.  If Yes, it kicks off Fusion job to grab our training template and create a project for the user, we then post a note to the User account with the training plan link, which gives in-app notification but under global notifications there is an item to instant or email if user receives an update, so it also sends an email to user with the note and link (its a workaround).

Level 2

Hi Kurt - love this idea. Is your training template something you could share? We are a small instance but will be adding users to Workfront and I'm curious what types of things you include in the training for onboarding new users that might be beneficial to my team. Obviously don't want to compromise confidentiality - just looking for best practice types of ideas. Thanks

Community Advisor

karenCWD, below is what our project training template looks like.  It reads like instructions for the user.  Our Parent tasks are Summary, Workfront Navigation & Search, Understanding Requests, Understanding Projects, Closing Project. We have licensing for the JumpSeat product which integrates with Workfront.  It provides us ability to make interactive guides on how to do things in Workfront and within the how-to field we're able to put links to those guides as part of the training for users to click and start the guides.  We also created a specific view called Training View to assure the users see the columns below and we ask them to switch to the view as part of the instruction.  Hopefully this is a good starting point.

TrainingTemplate.png

Level 2

Thanks for the info. Curious, how has your experience with Jumpseat been so far? 

Community Advisor

It wasn't difficult to setup overall, pretty straight-forward.  The JumpSeat folks provide you training and assistance as part of deployment to get you up to speed on building guides, once we got thru that we were able to build guides we needed pretty quick.  They also have pre-built WF guides you can purchase and tweak that could help speed things up.

Level 10

@EstheVThorsenngc1569 

We practice similar, however to update the setting for individual user also. Sometime sounds extra, required to do.