Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Realtime data validation in custom form

Level 3

We recently encountered an issue with one of our project team using Workfront.

The team is using “Custom Form” for one the projects. They have lot of editable fields and they wanted to have validation in those fields.

1. The user should not be able to enter more than n number of characters. If they did, immediately the field should show error or restrict the user to enter more characters.

2. Date field validation. Example, the user should not be allowed enter a date less than today or something like that.

Both of these should happen before submission of a custom form i.e. on real time basis when user is entering values in the custom form.

Looks like Workfront doesn’t support those kind of validation.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10

We've been asking for this for years. To quote Han Solo "Don't hold your breath, kid"

Level 10

This will be a great feature indeed. Even some condition set up possibilities will make this as extremely useful for all.

Might be soon on the way. 😊

Community Advisor

have you raised this idea in innovation lab, I would certainly upvote this

Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion. I will raise this idea in innovation lab

Level 10

This one says it's on the roadmap although how it's going to be implemented isn't stated. I have suggested using the same robust field validation that is standard in javascript.

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSEhAAO/detail

There are several posts in the idea lab that should probably be consolidated.

If we have 100 similar posts in the idea lab with 50 votes each, that's not enough to get any of them any attention. But if they are combined we'll have one idea post with 5,000 votes. That draws attention.

And that's how duplicate entries can actually hold something back!

Community Advisor

When I found duplicates in the Innovation Lab I used to tag Jeremy Flores and he'd combine them. I believe someone else has taken over the innovation lab - but I can't remember who that is.

Community Advisor

Kyna Baker maybe? - I agree that duplicates here won't help

Level 4

I would also love to tag someone to combine. Thank you!

Administrator

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your inquiries regarding this. I agree with your sentiments that merging ideas is important especially for getting more visibility from the Product team. While Jeremy has moved to a different Workfront team, we have a new owner of the Innovation Lab - @Luke Penrod‚.

If you come across any identical/similar ideas in the future, please feel free to tag him and he will get them merged for you. Let me know if you have any questions.